SAFARI address bar gone

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thunderfire, Jul 18, 2009.

1. thunderfire macrumors newbie

my address/search bar is gone. i googled how to get it back. but all the suggestions didnt work for me. under the menu bar "view". there isnt a "show address bar" i dont know where the preference file is. when i try to open up my "customize toolbar" tab, safari just crashes. are there any other suggestions?

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

What version are you using? If it's not the latest, upgrading via Software Update might be the best option.

The command, on 4.0.2, should be "Show Toolbar." Is that not present as well?

The command-key equivalent should be command-shift-| (the vertical bar above the return key)

mt

3. thunderfire thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a macbook pro. 0S X ,10.5. and i have safari 3.0.4. its not the toolbar that disappeared. the refresh button and all is still there, but the search bar for the URL is gone. i have the button "show toolbar" tho.

i also tried deleting safari off of my laptop, but i keep downloading a safari version that wont work on my laptop. i tried download safari 3.0.4 again, but when i open up a window, the search bar is still gone.

where can i get software updates?

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You need to Right Click on the area at the top of the Window (or control-click with a single button) and select customize. There will be the buttons you can drag back to your toolbar.

To remove the preference, look in your Home Folder/Library/Preferences and look for anything named Safari, and remove it.

TEG

5. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Click on View in the menu bar and add it back in....

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Try to install this version of Safari on your system. Also, if deleting the com.apple.Safari.plist file doesn't help you could try to use the Reset Safari command under the Safari menu.