Safari always reloading

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Soundhound, May 9, 2015.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I have an ipad2 and an iPad mini. over the last couple of months Safari has started behaving very sluggish on both of them. It churns (small grew gear in upper left spins) and often the page has to reload, I get a message saying something like 'there was a problem with this page and it had to be reloaded'.

Is this a known issue with older iPads? I hope not! I have iOS 8.1.3 on both iPads, and a 2year old airport extreme.

Thanks!

2. becneel macrumors member

becneel

I have the constant Safari reloading since updating to iOS 8.3, no amount of restores, erases could fix it.

Unless Apple wakes up, there is no fix.

3. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that! It's bad, has me using my Air instead of the iPad. They need to get on the stick.

4. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bumping this to see if anyone else has this problem? My iPads are basically useless at this point for the web, which is pretty much what I use them for. This can't be the norm. Anybody else?

5. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

I had lots of reloads on my Air 1. Sold my iPad and I think that I wont buy any iPads because of poor iOS support for iPads. I have noticed that iOS for iPhones are more polished and less buggy than for iPads. Seems logical, knowing that Apple make much more profit from iPhones...

6. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

wow. is Apple finally turning into Microsoft? I thought it would take longer once they were king of the hill, but maybe it's already happened.