safari always starts with bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nish79, Aug 17, 2010.

1. nish79 macrumors newbie

whenever I hit the safari icon on my iphone4, instead of launching the broswer the bookmarks page pops up.
    Why is that? has anyone seen this

2. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

My 3GS has always done this if I don't leave a web site open when I close safari. I hate that it does that, I almost never use bookmarks.

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

It's a "feature".
    An annoying as hell feature, as many others have said.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If you close the tab you're viewing, even if it's the last one, and then close Safari, the next time you open it, it will automatically open. I guess Apple believes it's more convenient, and that people bookmark the pages they visit most. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and it makes this feature really annoying.

5. Wicker macrumors regular

I find this 'feature' annoying too.

What I have done is bookmarked about:blank and everytime I'm done using Safari I hit bookmarks and select that blank page. That way whenever I open Safari again I've got a nice white page waiting for me rather than the bookmarks (or some other page I was viewing before).

Overcomplicated probably, but I've been doing it for so long that I barely notice it anymore...