Safari and eBay!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sk8mash, May 24, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

This is really annoying. I am finding it close to impossible to browse eBay. I constantly get pages failing to load, and the error message saying:

Is this just me? Any sort of fix? I have reported it to Apple multiple times. This only happens on my mac, and only on eBay. I bought a mac to get away from stuff like this!

2. tbear1 macrumors regular

I am not a heavy ebay user, but I dont' get any errors. I am using leopard and safari 3.1.1.

Glenn

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

happens all the time for me whe trying to do stuff on ebay.
    I use firefox for my ebay needs now.
    using tiger and safari 2

4. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I get that problem a lot with Safari on ebay. Sometimes -- but not always -- it works to refresh the page.

5. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes - same here 10.5.2 and Safari 3.1.

I thought that they had fixed the eBay problem with Safari 3.1 but within a couple of days eBay pages wouldn't load. Sometimes it just needs a refresh.

No problems with Firefox though on eBay.

6. cube macrumors G5

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

8. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Ebay takes ages to lead pages here. Avarage maybe...10-15mins

9. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

No problems here with eBay and Safari. I kinda wish there was, then maybe I wouldn't buy so much stuff, :D.
    Using OS X 10.5.2 and Safari 3.1.1 on a late 2007 build iMac.
    Morod

10. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Sometimes I get this error, it's very annoying. I can't refresh the page or go back pages it still gives the error.
    Safari needs to be relaunched to browse eBay again.

This has happened on several versions of Safari I have used going back to Safari 2.

11. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Dam! You guys all have the same problem as me. Sometimes a refresh works, but sometimes it will stop any page from loading wether i go back 50 pages, or refresh 50 times. Surely this can't be a hard one for Apple to fix?

I have the latest Leopard, with latest Safari, and a new iMac I bought in December

12. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Unless of course it's not the fault of Apple. There was recent talk of PayPal not supporting Safari's browser anymore, and PayPal and eBay are one and the same to me, so maybe eBay is the one that's causing the problems and not Apple. Still, I don't have the trouble others are having here. Perhaps switching browsers to FireFox would help out.
    Morod

13. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

There is a known issue of ebay + Safari incompatibility issue's, best thing to do is just grab firefox for ebay browsing.
    I had no problems using ebay, then about 4 months ago posted an item for sale and i couldn't change the details on ebay i wanted, but worked fine using FF ;)

14. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

That was a rumor that PayPal would block Safari because it doesn't have anti-phishing technology. PayPal later said that was not true and they would continue to support Safari users.

15. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Antiphishing technology, how I loathe it so :rolleyes:

Pretty much what they meant was "Our PayPal division is too lazy to take down fake-PayPal sites in a timely manner, so we are taking no responsibility and you must use this browser to view our site, as its babysitting feature takes a load of worry off of us"

16. lwardwell macrumors newbie

Yeah, I get the same error and it's Safari 3.1 (both Mac and Windows) and it's *ONLY* with eBay. Sometimes a page refresh works, but most times it doesn't. Camino works just fine.