Safari and Faceboook problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by svkrzn, Dec 30, 2010.

1. svkrzn macrumors regular

Hello, when i recieve a new message in facebook and i have another tab opened, i don't get any notify about the new message in the facebook tab, but i get it when i open any foto. Also if i have the main facebook page opened, if i switch from a different tab to facebook, it freezes for some seconds and then i get all the chat messages i didn't get previously all in one time. This doesn't happen on Chrome or Firefox. I use Safari 5.0.3.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I don't use Facebook Chat, but my understanding from friends using PCs with Firefox is that it certainly causes all sorts of problems for them, including freezes.

3. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

Well but i don't use firefox. The problem happens to me with Safari only. Firefox and Chrome act good. I also tried to disable my adblock and facebook cleaner extensions but nothing.I also wondering if it may happen because i don't have flash plugin for safari installed?

4. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

5. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

UPDATE: i noticed that disabling the plugins from safari preferences, solves the problem, then i tried moving the plugins from the plugin folder one by one to find the guilty one and nothing changes...