Safari and Firefox crashing on flash pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chase817, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Chase817 macrumors member

Chase817

My Safari and Firefox, which are both updated to latest, both crash and freeze on all pages with flash on them. What do I do?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Is your Flash player up-to-date? Download it from here!

3. Chase817 thread starter macrumors member

Chase817

Yeah, I just updated it and it happened again while visiting the youtube home page :/

4. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

same thing happened to me until i repaired permissions. flash works well now

5. Chase817 thread starter macrumors member

Chase817

how do you do that? disk utility?

6. FlashFukedMyMAC macrumors newbie

FlashFukedMyMAC

Do Not Update Flash>.. That Was Yr Problem!!!

NOOO

NO DO NOT UPDATE<<<<<btw repairing permissions does not work for me... adobe makes it tough to find the OD flash version as once updated even uninstalling will not help as the original update BREAKS yr flash if u have a mac...

ADOBE should be sued for ignoring this so long and not even addressing it.

I have spent hours trying to fix, re-install, search, work-around this issue, I AM FURIOUS!

I have found this issue to be rampant and especially hurtful to those of us who play on gaming or skill game sites that require flash./.. it has to do with the ADOBE FLASH update breaking our flash in all browsers (started esp with Firefox) and then the frames can't redraw... uninstalling doesn't work... neither does reinstalling old flash... Adobe is hiding from this.. i have lost thousands of dollars on my gaming sites from not being able to progress after 3-4 frames on a gaming site... HERE ARE COMMON THINGS I HAVE DISCOVERED:

-after 3-4 flash activated windows are opened it breaks

-frames come up blank, chronicly spinning or say "undefined "

-if any other browsers are open with active flash pages , EVEN MINIMIZED, it is especially bad!

-often only quitting then restarting all browsers works

-if on a site where p2p chats are options then the chats come up as undefined and then continue to try to re-open... is maddening

-if on a site like facebook and trying to watch a video it often just spins and spin

if u go to bugzilla for firefox there are hundreds of these bugz reported for more than a year and yet NONE is assigned to them and Adobe has ignored us mac folks...

check for yrselves...
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglis...status=__open__&product=Firefox&content=flash