Safari and Firefox issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by caderousse, Jul 15, 2008.

1. caderousse macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone -

I am a long time lurker. I bought a Mac Book Pro 17" 2.16 recently and am having issues doing, of all things, surfing the net!

I have tried both Safari and the latest firefox and they both show the same issue: when I scroll using the pad on the macbook, the text gets all jumbled together. It's terrible. Here is a picture:

[​IMG]

This image is from Safari. Firefox is even worse. Sometimes I click on firefox in the main bar (sorry I'm new to Mac, not sure what it's called) and it won't even launch!

I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

its called "Dock"

if its new, bring it back to apple store, it sounds like a defect machine to me.

3. insanepilot macrumors newbie

insanepilot

smooth scrolling turned on? it's under system preferences then apperance. I had that problem back when i first got leopard, and I did something, but can't remember now. i think the mentioned might have fixed it.;)

do you have FF 3?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Is it all of the time or random?
    Is it every site or certain sites?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

nevermind my previous comment, look like its a problem with leopard 10.5.4, from several thread on this board...