Safari and Firefox keep crashing!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mladenz, May 25, 2009.

1. mladenz macrumors regular

Hi guys,

Well yesterday safari(3.2.3) and firefox started to crash on me.

I deleted the safari.plist, the cache and resetted safari but it keeps on crashing on particular times. For example when i go to www.thisis50.com or www.defsounds.com and want to watch a video.

It just crashes every single time... driving me nuts because some website's i check a couple of times daily, and now i can't.

I've searched allot on the internet and still haven't found the right solution for my problem, so i would really appreciate it if somebody tries to help me.

My this will help, http://www.paste-it.net/public/k9f8e25/ .

Thanks in advance,

Mladen

UPDATE: This sh*t is f*cking driving me CRAZY!! i tried everything and still it crashes... goddamn flash. Please anyone who knows the solution, tell me!

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

There's a good chance that your Flash plugin is corrupted. You said it crashed when you wanted to watch a video, and those websites probably use Flash.

You might want to try reinstalling Flash Player from Adobe. Post back and let me know!

3. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

I clicked on the link, downloaded and installed the flashplayer. But it still crashed:(

4. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

I uninstalled flash, and safari didnt crash. So i had to install flash back, i did that, and it crashed again...

great.

5. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Clear out those temp files. Somethings messed up.. if that doesn't fix it, create a new user account, try it on there. If it doesn't crash on the other user, you need to do an archive and install.

6. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

I did all of it, it's the flash plugin... it only crashes on sites containing flash, when i uninstalled flash, my browsers didn't crash. But when i install flash again, it starts crashing again, any suggestions?

7. Prost264 macrumors newbie

I also did all that, created a new user account, and everything still crashes. Any ideas?

8. windywoo macrumors 6502a

windywoo

Is it the latest flash? See if you can find an older one that might not crash. Of course a few sites might not work :(

9. poorlytoldjoke macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problems. Trying a few things, let me see if I can fix it. Repairing permissions didn't help at all.

10. munshi macrumors newbie

i have the same problem too...but i thought it might be a java problem and couldnt find anyway to remove the java and reinstall it.any ideas?

11. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    My Firefox was crashing a lot until a few months back. Then it was stable up until this past week.. now it's crashing a few times every day..

12. reubs macrumors 68000

I had a similar problem when I had Keycue installed. I uninstalled it completely, and I've had no problems since.

That's the only suggestion I have; good luck!

13. ASFx macrumors regular

Flash has always run like crap on macs. Adobe needs to do a lot of work to optimize it.

14. EMKarelia macrumors regular

EMKarelia

15. poorlytoldjoke macrumors newbie