Safari and Firefox time out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigDukeSix, Nov 3, 2011.

1. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

My daughter is new to Apple and just purchased a new MPB runnining 10.7.

All was well for the past couple of weeks, but now she has an issue with both Safari and Firefox timing out. Apple.com works, and Skype works. iTunes store is extremely slow she says. She has rebooted, and also repaired permissions, all no help. She has only had her MBP at home on her wireless network (not an Airport Extreme) and has not tried it on a different network. I suspect the issue is with her wireless network.

I have googled this question, and have not found the difinitive answer to the question.

She does have an appointment at the Genius Bar tonight, but wanted to find out if anyone else had some insight to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Is this issue on specific sites or all sites except Apple.com. Can she ping anything and get a response using network utilities (it is under theApplications>Utilities directories). If not, it sounds like she is not connected to the internet and just loading a cached version of Apple.com when the browsers load.

3. BigDukeSix, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

BigDukeSix thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

She is connected as we have been on skype several times, right before and after firefox/safari have not been working.