Safari and Flash block in 10.9?

kristoffer4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
So it looks like Safari in 10.9 works like "click to flash"? So I have to click to click on flash elements like videos on youtube to get them to play.

So can I do without "Click to Flash" in 10.9? :confused:

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
So it looks like Safari in 10.9 works like "click to flash"? So I have to click to click on flash elements like videos on youtube to get them to play.

Yes, there is no need for it in 10.9. It does not disable all flash, just flash that Safari does not think you are viewing, like ads on the side bars, etc.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

If I were you, I'd start using "Click to Plugin" to turn YouTube videos into HTML5 videos that are no longer flash.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA

1) This is not exactly like click to flash. Safari's feature only stops flash plugins that reside in side/top-bar areas where ads are often placed.

2) You can disable this feature in Safari's preferences if you are not pleased with the way it preforms. (uncheck Stop plug-ins to save power)

Attachments

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
How is this different to what click to flash does?
I suppose it's not much different, aside from the whole "disabling other plugins" thing. I thought the "click to flash" plugin was similar to the one on Chrome, but apparently I'm mistaken.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Thanks. I appreciate it.

And as a quick side note, I also agreed with your posts about MS Office and the subscription (I remember from your avatar :p)
No problem.

Kind of shocked to see someday agree with me about Microsoft in any way, though. ;)