Safari and Flash

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by RestUnknown, Jun 4, 2014.

1. RestUnknown macrumors regular

Hi all

When version 12 of Flash came out, I installed it, but I couldn't use any Flash related stuff in Safari anymore so I switched over to Chrome which had no problem with this particular version. The error it gives is "an error occured, please try again later". This is also with YouTube videos.
    When going back to a previous version of Flash, the problem doesn't occur anymore, but that shouldn't be the solution.

Today I checked to see if there was a new version and so it seemed, so I installed this version 13 and tried Safari again to see if it was solved, but it wasn't.

I seem to be the only who has this problem, but I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone has any suggestions? I tried to reinstall Safari, but can't delete it because of the error the program is needed to run OS X. I really want it to work again, Safari is much more energy efficient on my old MBP than Chrome which has the fans running almost constantly when browsing the web.

Thanks!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What chu talkin' about, Willis?

Flash is well into Flash 13. Flash 13 works just fine--at least as well as Flash works anywhere--in Safari.

3. RestUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

If you have read my entire post, you could see I installed version 13, but that Flash broke on Safari at version 12, so I stopped using Safari since then.

4. RestUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

Already tried that several times.

The issue is due to Safari, as Flash itself works without problems on Chrome/Firefox. So that's why I wanted to uninstall Safari, but it's not possible... Any solutions to this?