Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireman3135

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Hi I have a late 2008 Macbook unibody running Safari 6.0.1 with 10.8.2 OSX

First off all other devices in my house (iPhone,xbox360, and a PC Laptop) all work perfectly fine on the wireless connection.

So my internet stopped working about 2 weeks ago on my Mac, it was saying it was fully connected to the network but not loading webpages. I spent and hour and 15min on the phone with apple support and tried everything clearing the cache, fixing permissions, open DNS sever (8.8.4.4 etc) wiping the network off the Mac and starting fresh. Nothing has worked. It will load a page after 4mins or so and even then its not fully loaded. I'm very stumped! Also it runs perfectly normal when pluged directly into the router I have also downloaded Google Chrome and it is doing the same thing as Safari. Any ideas? I'm assuming it has something to do with the wireless card in the computer?

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hi I have a late 2008 Macbook unibody running Safari 6.0.1 with 10.8.2 OSX

First off all other devices in my house (iPhone,xbox360, and a PC Laptop) all work perfectly fine on the wireless connection.

So my internet stopped working about 2 weeks ago on my Mac, it was saying it was fully connected to the network but not loading webpages. I spent and hour and 15min on the phone with apple support and tried everything clearing the cache, fixing permissions, open DNS sever (8.8.4.4 etc) wiping the network off the Mac and starting fresh. Nothing has worked. It will load a page after 4mins or so and even then its not fully loaded. I'm very stumped! Also it runs perfectly normal when pluged directly into the router I have also downloaded Google Chrome and it is doing the same thing as Safari. Any ideas? I'm assuming it has something to do with the wireless card in the computer?

Have you tested the connection on another wireless network to see if it's actually the computer? Things you might want to try could include:
1) Reset the DHCP table of the router.
2) Test it on another network, if it works fine then you're likely having an issue with the router not being friendly with your Mac.
3) Does anything show up in Console that could indicate an issue with your network?

blatopilot

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
Try signing out of App store, iTunes, and iCloud if you are signed in to any of these services.

I'm not convinced this will fix it, but as an experiment, try it and see if you notice any difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.