Safari and Google Reader

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reclusivemonkey, Jun 2, 2008.

1. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Hello Everyone.

Just joined today so go easy on me =]

Had my Mac Mini for about two months now, and I have ditched FF for Safari which I don't think I would be able to do. However, I don't seem to be able to get Safari to allow me to add RSS feeds to Google Reader. I can do it manually but its a royal pain in the butt. Has anyone figured out an easy way to do this? I searched the forums but didn't find anything. Thanks for looking.

2. ASFx macrumors regular

Are you having a specific error? I use safari and have no problem adding a feed to google reader. I always just copy the rss or xml link and press the "add subscription" button in google reader, then paste the URL in.

3. reclusivemonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

The "error" is Safari not letting me add to Google Reader like I can with Firefox. As I said I can do it manually by copying and pasting, but that just seems a little clunky from the way Firefox does it by just letting me click on the RSS icon in the address bar and then asking if I want to add it to iGoogle or Google Reader. I think I will have a play with Automator to see if I can get it down to a click somewhere...