Safari and Hotmail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by omarbeh, Jun 30, 2008.

1. omarbeh macrumors newbie

I can't access my hotmail account when using Safari, it keeps loading then gives an error. However, I can sign in to my account using any other web browser.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't use Hotmail so I'm not sure why it's not working. That said, the Hotmail team is making some changes to their site - that might be why it doesn't get along with Safari.

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

It should work ok. I only get the error if I forget to sign out when I'm done. Try restarting safari.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Works for me. Do some standard cleanup*; I don't know what else to tell you.

*Cache, cookies, etc.

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

It's because you have to sign out of hotmail everytime you use it. Sucks, I know. That's why I'm getting rid of it and going to gmail. If you can't get to hotmail to logout, go to msn.com and you should be able to sign out form there.:mad:

6. LunarFalcon macrumors member

This happens to me fairly often (though thankfully hotmail isn't my primary e-mail anymore) but when it does, clearing the cookie helps.

7. omarbeh thread starter macrumors newbie

Lately I changed to gmail to be my primary mail account because it is compatible with most of the applications of mac. Still need to check my hotmail every while; the proposed solutions did not really work. Thanks

8. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I can log in to Hotmail with Safari or Firefox, but not into the Windows Live version. I'm told that I am "temporarily" using the classic version. I should log off, clear the cache, and clear cookies before logging back in. Doing those things has no effect - I'm still confined to the classic version afterwards.

Internet Explorer on the Boot Camp partition works fine.

Not much of a deal because I don't rely much on the account, but it would be nice to get this to stop.

9. The General macrumors 601

In settings, enable the developer menu. Then use the user agent switcher and select IE.

See if that changes anything.

10. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I'm at work on a PC and Firefox. :( Is there an analog you know of for that? (You need not dignify this with an answer on this formum. I'll understand.) Otherwise, I'll try when I get home. (Is this a system setting or Safari only? Sorry to be dense, I don't know about the developer menu.)

11. omarbeh thread starter macrumors newbie

deleting cookies solves the issue.

12. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Didn't matter.

The Firefox extension IE Tab works under Windows. No use of course on the Mac.