Safari and IE errors with DreamWeaver

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by irusti, Jul 6, 2009.

1. irusti macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

Hope someone can help me out with this. I'm currently working on a website. Made it on dreamweaver cs4 on my mbp. I changed the link color so it would blend in with the background (visited or not)
    Everything seems fine in firefox and safari, but when visiting my site on IE on any desktop PC, the links show in the default blue color! I cant seem to find the problem, i checked my code and properties on dreamweaver but everything is changed correctly.

Can anyone help me solve this issue? Why is IE not recognizing the changes i made?

Here is my site, problem site

Thanks a million...

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I don't see any linked text. All your links are of images of text, which is a horrible idea by the way. The text appears very grainy.

3. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

And your top (I assume main) navigation is in flash. This will not help your search engine optimization. I guess you used it for the effect? Personally, I don't think it adds anything and if it's causing a problem for you, you should probably just scrap it.

I do like your PONG though... :)

4. irusti thread starter macrumors newbie

Tell me about it, I had to because I couldn't get the link color changed on IE and firefox, now since i made the text in to images it works on firefox. But IE is still giving me issues.

I forgot to mention that they are image links. Any ideas?

5. irusti thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip!

And yes I did make the main navigation in flash for the effects, but the real issue is in the rest of the image links, it still comes up as the default color (blue) on IE. Firefox and Safari are showing the link color just how I intended (same as background).

Any suggestions?

6. irusti thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips guys! Much appreciated.

But any idea why IE is giving me this issue and how can I fix it?

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

As mentioned, there's no linked text, so it shouldn't matter what you're CSS is set to. IE may be using an old version that didn't use images for the text. That's really the only explanation.