Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alfmoonspace

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
I can't seem to figure out how to sync up my Safari tabs on both my M1 MP and my iPhone 12 Max. If my iCloud tabs show up on my Mac or iPhone it is not up to day or doesn't show up at all.

Any others out there that are having iCloud safari sync issues? I tried to trouble shoot by closing all my tabs and disabling iCloud for safari on both devices, then re-synced. Nothing is working so far.

bwb

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
I can't seem to figure out how to sync up my Safari tabs on both my M1 MP and my iPhone 12 Max. If my iCloud tabs show up on my Mac or iPhone it is not up to day or doesn't show up at all.

Any others out there that are having iCloud safari sync issues? I tried to trouble shoot by closing all my tabs and disabling iCloud for safari on both devices, then re-synced. Nothing is working so far.

I'm having Safari iCloud Tab sync issues here as well, on a newly setup M1 Mac mini.. running 11.0.1. It can't see any of my iCloud tabs on other devices, and other devices can't see it. I tried toggling "Safari" in the iCloud preferences on the Mac with no luck. Reading list and bookmarks sync fine. All my other devices (iPhone 11, iPad Pro 10.5, and an iMac mid-2017 with Big Sur 11.0.1.. I'm hoping to replace the iMac with the new M1 Mini) can see tabs just fine.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California

Lots of us have this issue.

bwb

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Actually, yeah.. while cycling Safari sync on the M1 Mini, and clearing off some tabs on the iMac.. now no devices see any tabs. Reading List and bookmarks still is syncing fine/fast.

cjaredscott

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2015
I am having similar issues. iCloud Safari sync is presently working on my Intel Macs, iPhone, and iPad, but not on my M1 Mac. At first, it was that only bookmarks wouldn't sync to the M1 Mac. Now, tabs won't either on the M1 Mac, but history still does on the M1 Mac...

I have tried turning Safari sync on and off (with restarts), signing out of iCloud and signing back in (with restarts), resetting Safari, trying to manually force bookmarks syncs, and now I have even reinstalled Big Sur, to no avail.

I submitted a bug report using Feedback Assistant. There are no other submissions for this issue at this time, according to Feedback Report. If you all could submit this issue, in my experience, it is far more likely that it would get fixed with multiple submissions.

bwb

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
I am having similar issues. iCloud Safari sync is presently working on my Intel Macs, iPhone, and iPad, but not on my M1 Mac. At first, it was that only bookmarks wouldn't sync to the M1 Mac. Now, tabs won't either on the M1 Mac, but history still does on the M1 Mac...

I have tried turning Safari sync on and off (with restarts), signing out of iCloud and signing back in (with restarts), resetting Safari, trying to manually force bookmarks syncs, and now I have even reinstalled Big Sur, to no avail.

I submitted a bug report using Feedback Assistant. There are no other submissions for this issue at this time, according to Feedback Report. If you all could submit this issue, in my experience, it is far more likely that it would get fixed with multiple submissions.
I forgot feedback assistant even existed-- I'll get a bug report in tomorrow, thanks!

Josef Háb

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
Have the same issue with tabs syncing. MBA(Big Sur) - Iphone - IMac(Catalina) contacted Apple support many times and still will. Not sorted. It has been for 3 weeks now. Sent diagnostic (all machines) to Apple but nothing changed. Other iCloud stuff syncing ok, except Safari tabs. I am still waiting for any info from Apple.

Josef Háb

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
I forgot feedback assistant even existed-- I'll get a bug report in tomorrow, thanks!
I have done everything you did many times. Still have the same issue. Safari tabs not syncing. Reported to Apple and waiting for info back.

DrSkywalker

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
Received a new m1 MacBook Air early December. Safari bookmarks DO NOT sync. Have about 5 other machines/devices, all sync fine. Worked with Support for a month. Problem got sent to "Engineering". No Solution. Told them the device was not functioning as expected. They are sending a new one. We'll see if problem repeats.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Has anyone found a fix for this yet, have a new MBP M1, all tabs are syncing perfectly fine from the MBP to my iPhone, however the MBP is just showing tabs from many months ago open on iPhone…

If I delete them on the Mac, then close out and reopen safari on my iPhone they all re-appear again.

LotusChuan

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2021
China
Has anyone found a fix for this yet, have a new MBP M1, all tabs are syncing perfectly fine from the MBP to my iPhone, however the MBP is just showing tabs from many months ago open on iPhone…

If I delete them on the Mac, then close out and reopen safari on my iPhone they all re-appear again.
Hello, I just cleared this issue yesterday. I had this issue on my iPhone, iPad and Macbook, and they are all up to date. Here is my solution.
First I tried to sign out the iCloud account on my iPhone and Macbook, then cleared all data on Safari and signed in again. After maybe 2 hour, the iCloud tabs of iPhone and Macbook are corrected, except my iPad.
So second I tried to apply this to all my devices including iPad. Sign out together, clear data together and sign in together, wait the sync. Today moring I found they are all corrected.
In my view, maybe some cache in iCloud is not removed correctly by Apple software, but Apple thinks it is already removed, so it just exists in your iCloud and only clear all Safari data of your devices offline with iCloud signing out makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.