Safari and iTunes crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Faci, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Faci macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new 17" MBP 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 and upgraded the ram to 8gb.
    As I have just moved house I called Telstra (Australian ISP) and organized for a technician to come around and relocate our Internet service.

He seemed to have connected everything up fine and all should have been working perfectly except the computer was just not recieving the Internet, so I spoke to Telstra again and they said that they are going to restart some MAC address number in 2-4 business days which is no problem.

The problem is that ever since that technician left my house my safari and iTunes crash whenever I go to use them, also through tethering my iPhone 4s for Internet usage, which worked fine days before the technician came, now just doesn't work, if I'm lucky it will load one page, but it will always definitely end in both applications needing to be force quit.

The other weird thing is that ever since he left, my computer has also been overheating unusually requiring all the fans to go out at high speed literally 24/7 the only time they will stop is if I turn the computer off or put it on sleep.

Please help me as I'm going crazy here wondering what this guy did to my Mac.

2. simsaladimbamba