Safari and Itunes wont launch!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rph, May 24, 2008.

1. Rph macrumors newbie

I'm having a weird problem with my G5. This morning I noticed that Safari and Itunes just will not launch. I don't get any error messages, they just don't do anything. Firefox runs fine, but since I've had issues with this machine in the past (replaced a hard drive when it was 6 months old, and Apple replaced the mother board and memory 6 months after that:eek:) I went ahead a ran the repair disk utility with the install DVD. Sure enough there were errors, but according to the utility they were fixed successfully.Still both Safari and I tunes wont launch. I even tried reinstalling. The Safari updater won't even launch. The I tunes updater went through the install, but still will not launch. Anyone know a quick fix for this? Or should I just do a fresh install of OS10? Thanks.

Imac G5 PPC
    OS 10.4

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Have you Repaired Permissions or just Repaired the Disk? If you haven't tried the repair permissions that might fix your problems.

3. Rph thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response varmit. I tried both and still had the issue. I ended up doing the non-destructive recovery (Cant remember what Apple calls it) and it seemed to fix Safari at least. I need to do some updates before iTunes will launch so we'll see. This is the second HD I've had in this thing in 2 years. Hopefully this one won't take a complete dump too. Really strange.