Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
It's because they seem to have a misplaced </script> tag in their code and Safari just happens to choke on it while other browsers seem to figure it out. The code on the xgenstudios site sucks. Both sites seem to use the same code style. Complain to their web masters.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
It's because they seem to have a misplaced </script> tag in their code and Safari just happens to choke on it while other browsers seem to figure it out. The code on the xgenstudios site sucks. Both sites seem to use the same code style. Complain to their web masters.

That is just a standard vBulletin skin code.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
just in case the OP doesn't fully realize, but Java and JavaScript are 2 totally different creatures. The script error you're seeing has nothing at all to do with Java. those sites work fine in my Safari 3.0. Make sure you go to Preferences -> Security -> Web Content and have the box for JavaScript checked.

Poncho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Holland
Enabling Javascript in Safari preferences was the first thing I did, and it makes no difference.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Enabling Javascript in Safari preferences was the first thing I did, and it makes no difference.

Which version of Safari are you using? I tried with 3 beta and it works OK. You can do a search for the beta version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.