Safari and Quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ISMPlus, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ISMPlus macrumors regular

ISMPlus

Hi,

How come I see the Quicktime logo with a "question mark" all over my Safari browser windows? I have the latest version of Safari and Quicktime. How come these two apps aren't working together here? I can't even see part of apple.com!! :eek: WTH?

Thanks for your help!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

In the Security pane of Safari's Preferences, is Enable Plug-ins ticked? :)

3. ISMPlus thread starter macrumors regular

ISMPlus

4. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's correct. Have you tried resetting Safari? If you create a new user account in System Preferences, is the problem there too?

6. icsedge1 macrumors member

icsedge1

i am having the exact same problem. it seemed to happen at the same time Firefox crashed dead. can't even get that to work when i re-install it. never come across anything like this!

Sedge

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

icsedge1, is Firefox completely dead or just unable to play QuickTime files? Maybe give us a bit more info about your problem, what else you're running, what else you've recently installed and what browsers are having the issue(s). :)

8. icsedge1 macrumors member

icsedge1

dead, yes. the latest version of Firefox, rev b. iMac G5, 1.8, 2 gigs of ram.

it just quit opening for me. when i try, the browser opens up, but i just get a sort of ghost image of the top part of the menu bar. no matter how long i let it go i just get the spinning wheel of death, and when clicking on the icon in the dock, it says 'not responding' and i must force quit.

even complete deletes of Firefox files and clean download/installs don't work.

i don't know that this was realted to the QuickTime thing (which is now fixed, thank you, by clicking off that checkmark), it just seemed to happen at the same time. i am perplexed.

i have booted up from the dvd and ran through the permissions fixes and drive checks. nothing there i can see.

Sedge

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you created a new user account to see if the problem occurs there too? :)

10. icsedge1 macrumors member

icsedge1

humm...no. but i shall. thanks!

Sedge