Safari and settings keep refreshing themselves

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
when I open settings and search for a certain app's settings, and then wander somewhere else, and come back again, I have to load the app settings again (and it takes time, I assume because of the tons of apps I have)

Alike (and more annoyingly), when I open a link in Safari for app store, I install the app, then come back and the page refresh itself and I have to go the another link all over again after waiting for the page to refresh, why is that? the "background refresh" is already turned on!

iPhone 6 (128 GB)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Where/how are you searching for certain app's settings?

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
I go to Settings, and then scroll all the way down, then it takes about 10 seconds until the apps load. (same period for the page in Safari)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I go to Settings, and then scroll all the way down, then it takes about 10 seconds until the apps load. (same period for the page in Safari)
The settings part could be related to having many apps perhaps, but it would really have to be a lot if that was really the case. How many do you have?

As far as a page reloading in Safari after you install an app and that taking a while, that would mostly have to do with your connection by the sound of it. If you go to or refresh other pages yourself do those take a while too?

iVB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
they are like 200+

App store was an example. Wherever I switch and comeback again, it refreshes itself and start again from top of the page, it is disturbing. (Yes, it does take a while anyway)

The settings part could be related to having many apps perhaps, but it would really have to be a lot if that was really the case. How many do you have?

As far as a page reloading in Safari after you install an app and that taking a while, that would mostly have to do with your connection by the sound of it. If you go to or refresh other pages yourself do those take a while too?