safari and spaces

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spekulanten, Apr 10, 2010.

1. spekulanten macrumors member

spekulanten

if i have safari window in spaces 1, and i am in spaces 3, for ex., is there a shortcut or a way to open safari new window in current space, 3?

how i do it now: i click safari dock icon, it moves me to spaces 1, i press command-n, it open new safari window, i click spaces dock icon, i drag and drop new safari window from spaces 1 to spaces 3, i click on spaces 3, and than continue working with new window. is there a more simple way?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I don't think so. Once you have Safari open, it's going to open new windows in the same Space. I have set Safari to open in a designated Space. So, if Safari is not open, I can be in a different Space, and when I open Safari, it opens in the designated Space. Maybe the only way to do what you want is if you can install two copies of Safari, which might mean two different versions. I don't know if that works though. So, dragging a window to another Space after you open it is the "most efficient" way I know of to get Safari windows in multiple Spaces.

3. spekulanten thread starter macrumors member

spekulanten

i found an easier way, you control-click safari icon in the dock, and a small menu appears and choose "new window" and it opens a new safari window in the current space you are in, even if you have other safari windows in other spaces. ;)

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Good deal.

That doesn't work for me. (Safari 4.0.5 and OS 10.5.8)

It jumps back to the Space where my other Safari window is.

5. reubs macrumors 68000

Same for me; opens up in Space 1 after jumping back there.