Safari and Tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacBook, Oct 28, 2007.

1. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Okay. I want to be able to have the tab behavior of Firefox on Safari. If I click an external link, I want it to open in the same window on Safari. If I right click, I want the new tab to not be focused.

How can I do that?

2. x3n1x macrumors newbie

What version of Safari are you on ?

For you first query, keep the Cmd key pressed while clicking a link. The link opens up in the Tab instead of a new window.

For your second query, navidate to Safari >> Preferences >> Tabs >> and uncheck the "Select tabs and windows as they are created".

I hope that helps.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't know if it's possible to openexternal links in new tabs and not new windows, but if you cmd-click a new link, the link will be in a new tab in the background. if you cmd-shift-click a link, the tab will be at the front. you can invert this behavior in the tabs preferences of safari.

4. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

I already knew about the cmd+click thing. I just don't feel like doing that every time. It'd get annoying.

Thanks for the second.

Oh, I am on the 3.03 beta. I think it is still beta...

5. x3n1x macrumors newbie

I agree. It may get annoying to press an additional key. But I've gotten used to it in 5 days. So, well.... its nothing for me now :rolleyes:

6. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669