safari and tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by quigleybc, Feb 25, 2008.

1. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    hi

in safari

how do i get it to NOT switch to the new tab when i 'right click -> open in new tab'

??

I used to be able to do this in Firefox. It's great for Digg, so I can just open pages in new tabs, but not have to get switched to that tab automatically.

Now that I think of it, is there a way to open links in a new tab WITHOUT having to 'right click -> open in new tab' ??
    in safari?

thanks
    :)

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Safari > Preferences Then click on tabs tab. Then disselect "Select tabs and windows as they are created".

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

To answer your first question, go to Safari Preferences --> Tabs and turn off "Select tabs and windows as they are created."

For your second question, I'm not aware of a way to open every single clicked link in a new tab by default. But instead of right clicking, you could Command-click the link as long as you have the preference set correctly in Tabs. Don't know if that's any easier.

If you have a programmable multi-button mouse, you can probably program one of the buttons to be Command-click, making it very easy.