Safari and the Dell online store

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Has anyone else noticed that the Dell online store (particularly the customise page) just does not work in Safari? Each time I make a change, it comes up with a dialogue box saying something about waiting for the system to compute. It's really weird because I don't have much trouble with Safari (banking, online stores and so on and so forth).

I was just wondering if it's on purpose. Do you think evil Steve and his band of merry henchmen have set Safari up so that you can never buy another customised Dell in your life?

By the way, this isn't so much a complaint as an observation.

Oh yeah, and I needed to buy my Granddad a Dell, I wouldn't dream of getting one for myself. He must use Windows for reasons only he can fully understand. :(

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
I was just wondering if it's on purpose. Do you think evil Steve and his band of merry henchmen have set Safari up so that you can never buy another customised Dell in your life?
We can only hope that this is the case. ;)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
mad jew said:
Has anyone else noticed that the Dell online store (particularly the customise page) just does not work in Safari? Each time I make a change, it comes up with a dialogue box saying something about waiting for the system to compute. It's really weird because I don't have much trouble with Safari (banking, online stores and so on and so forth).

By the way, this isn't so much a complaint as an observation.

Oh yeah, and I needed to buy my Granddad a Dell, I wouldn't dream of getting one for myself. He must use Windows for reasons only he can fully understand. :(
Dell Premier works fine on my copy of Safari.