Safari and youtube

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stockinvestor, Jul 11, 2012.

1. stockinvestor macrumors member

Safari and youtube
    Almost no videos work.. **** it! how can i get to watch youtube videos on a mac?

2. simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X, Safari and Flash versions do you use? Have you installed any kind of Flash blocker or take part in the HTML5 beta of YouTube? Have you tried any other browsers?

PS: Those questions might seem dull, but since those can limit the solutions for you, they are kinda necessary.

3. stockinvestor thread starter macrumors member

I have the newest version of lion and safari 5.1.7

4. simsaladimbamba

What about the rest?
    And as I am at it, what about Safari > Help > Installed Plug-ins? What plug-ins are listed there?
    Did you try to reset Safari yet?

PS: I only ask, as I am not on front of your computer and can't take a look myself.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

6. stockinvestor thread starter macrumors member