Safari Annoyance - Commands

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kolax, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Whenever a text box or the URL bar is selected, I'm unable to go Back, Forward or switch between Tabs.

This is extremely irritating, as having to click off a text box defeats the whole point of a keyboard command!

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

2. MurphyM macrumors 6502

You could tab out of the box, but that doesn't help you prevent it. It helps you move on though!

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Yeah, but if theres a page with a few text boxes, you end up tabbing into another text box.

A good example is if I was copying text into a reply post here, would be much more work efficient if I could switch tabs, and come back to a tab and be where I left off...i.e. in the text box.

I'm sure Safari 2 didn't do this - but it could be because I assigned a different key command for switching tabs, but now I've gotten used to Safari's command.

4. Loudwater macrumors regular

I agree this is very annoying. I've been frustrated by this problem for a long time as well, but no idea what we can do about it... :(

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Found the actual command: CMD+Shift+[ or ] works fine. It is just when the arrows are used, because they also act as a command in a text box.

Really irritating. I never use CMD+Shift+Arrows in a text box to highlight stuff.

6. Loudwater macrumors regular

Great! Thanks!:)