Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
So my friend is missing his Safari application for some reason. He says he deleted it accidentally at some point, I don't know how that's possible lol. I tried passing him the Safari app from my computer, and it loads, but pages are messed up and they render incorrectly. How can he fix this problem? I tell him he needs to run the OS X installer again but he thinks there has to be another way. Plus he doesn't have any OS X recover/installer disks. What can he do?

Vinnie_vw

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
the Netherlands
the legal way would probably be to request new disks from Apple. Though only to reinstall Safari, not the whole system!
the first thing to do would be a permissions-repair (in the disk utility.app)
you could also download the latest Webkit-browser from the net, which is just an updated Safari, and free.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
just try download latest webkit, its essentially safari, with more advanced core, but it may not compatible with some of safari's addons.

also, try deleted the preference file for safari and try again.

and last, if he can delete safari w/o paying too much attention, he might just download other browsers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.