Safari / App store crashing when swiping

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Apple really has to do something about it... Someone has found a solution??? I've tried doing the PRAM reset, Repair Disk Permission in Disk utility, Turning off my Jitouch. Nothing works...

The only thing that works as a temporary solution is to put display to sleep and come back. I've seen many people with the same problem but no one really has a permanent solution...

I have a brand new (got it today) MacBook Pro Retina 15' (late 2013) on Mavericks 10.9.2

EDIT: When swiping back with 2 fingers, Safari/App store crashes

joeytp

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Any solution ?

Someone has found a solution??? I've tried doing the PRAM reset, Repair Disk Permission in Disk utility, Turning off my Jitouch. Nothing works...

The only thing that works as a temporary solution is to put display to sleep and come back. I've seen many people with the same problem but no one really has a permanent solution...

I have a brand new (got it today) MacBook Pro Retina 15' (late 2013) on Mavericks 10.9.2

EDIT: When swiping back with 2 fingers, Safari/App store crashes
Hello everyone,
Have you ever had this probleme ? is there any way to fix it (longterm solution) ?
Thank's

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
When you say crashing, does Safari/App Store... Freeze? Close unexpectedly and display a crash dialog? Result in a kernel panic?
When it "crashes", everything freeze. I can't click, swipe or write. What I do then is putting my display to sleep 2 seconds and when I come back, safari/app store is repaired ! I don't have to quit the application.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
Gotcha. I have that same issue but it's very intermittent. I use a Magic Trackpad though. Powering the Magic Trackpad off/on seems to fix it every time.

dguay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Gotcha. I have that same issue but it's very intermittent. I use a Magic Trackpad though. Powering the Magic Trackpad off/on seems to fix it every time.
It happens really randomly and without specific reason. It's really annoying... Someone knows why this is happening?