Safari / App store crashing when swiping

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dguay, Mar 11, 2014.

1. dguay macrumors newbie

Apple really has to do something about it... Someone has found a solution??? I've tried doing the PRAM reset, Repair Disk Permission in Disk utility, Turning off my Jitouch. Nothing works...

The only thing that works as a temporary solution is to put display to sleep and come back. I've seen many people with the same problem but no one really has a permanent solution...

I have a brand new (got it today) MacBook Pro Retina 15' (late 2013) on Mavericks 10.9.2

EDIT: When swiping back with 2 fingers, Safari/App store crashes

2. joeytp macrumors member

Any solution ?

Hello everyone,
    Have you ever had this probleme ? is there any way to fix it (longterm solution) ?
    Thank's

3. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

When you say crashing, does Safari/App Store... Freeze? Close unexpectedly and display a crash dialog? Result in a kernel panic?

4. dguay thread starter macrumors newbie

When it "crashes", everything freeze. I can't click, swipe or write. What I do then is putting my display to sleep 2 seconds and when I come back, safari/app store is repaired ! I don't have to quit the application.

5. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

Gotcha. I have that same issue but it's very intermittent. I use a Magic Trackpad though. Powering the Magic Trackpad off/on seems to fix it every time.

6. dguay thread starter macrumors newbie

It happens really randomly and without specific reason. It's really annoying... Someone knows why this is happening?