Safari Auto-Fill picker?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mavis, Mar 19, 2015.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Does anyone know if it's possible to choose auto-fill data for forms (username/password) in iOS' Safari, like it is on the Mac?

For example, I have two PayPal accounts (work and personal) and when use Safari on my Mac I can choose the account I want to use to sign in by simply clicking on the field when it's empty. I can't do this on my iOS devices, though - even if I completely delete the pre-filled-in info and start type alternate login info, it will not auto-fill the new info. Does anyone know how to do this? Surely I can't be the only one who uses their phone or iPad for both work and personal stuff ...

2. crashoverride77, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015

crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

You can't for now, it will only autofill the last used credentials. It's a bit annoying because with iOS 7 it sort of worked.
    Say your 2 PayPal accounts are test1@icloud.com and test2@icloud.com, with ios 7 you could start typing the username or change the 1 to a 2 and it would autofill the rest.
    Since iOS 8 this does not work anymore and its a shame. Not sure why that is but I hope they fix it soon. We should either get a proper menu like on Macs or a good solution I think would be to hold the "autofill password" button to get a pop up. At the very least they should make it like it was with iOS 7.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Safari Auto-Fill picker?

I had this issue where auto fill would always try to fill my Gmail address where I always use iCloud as my default. I went into my own contacts and reordered them, making the iCloud address above the Gmail, basically setting it as the default. Now, anytime there is an email auto fill, it automatically uses my iCloud address.

I know it won't help you 100%, but maybe you can edit your info so the one you use the most is auto filled by default the same way I did it.