Safari Auto-fill?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jshelton, Jun 23, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I have always used Firefox, but I am finally getting used to Safari. There are a lot if cool features that Firefox doesn't have.

In Firefox, I could start typing my usernames and it would automatically fill it in. How do I get Safari to do this? I don't want Safari to remember my passwords, just the usernames so I don't have to type them each time I log in.

Thanks...

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Safari->Preferences->Autofill

It is not enabled by default.

3. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Won't this autofill passwords as well? I just want the usernames filled in.

4. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know what I am referring to?

Thanks...

5. MCSN macrumors regular

MCSN

This is a very old thread. But I can't believe that I have this problem, with safari and I've never had this issue until mavericks. I don't even see answers in other questions asked on this topic. I hope this doesn't discourage anyone at all. :(

6. LV426 macrumors 6502a

It's not an issue.

Safari Preferences gives you the option to autofill web form user names and passwords (via a single checkbox).

Apple's thinking is that you either want Safari to remember this kind of stuff, or you don't. If you want to type in your website password every time, you should also remember and type your login name.

An option to 'Autofill half your login credentials' would be a bit cack-handed IMO.