Safari AutoFill with non-login Keychain?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by devburke, Apr 7, 2009.

1. devburke Guest

Hey, can anyone help me figure out how to make this work?

What I'd like to do is have Safari use AutoFill for my passwords, but not store the passwords in my login keychain. I'd like to have a separate keychain that I can unlock from the menu bar that allows Safari access to passwords that it otherwise would not have. And I'd want it to work seamlessly with the Safari AutoFill. I tried manually adding a password in the Keychain Access Utility, which I don't want to have to do, but even then when I told it to AutoFill (although I'd like it to AutoFill automatically), I had to give Safari permission to access my keychain.

For example, if I went to Facebook, it would present the usual blank password field. But if I unlocked my keychain and then went to Facebook, the password field would already be filled in.

Even more ideally, I'd like it to skip the login page completely (as if "Remember me" had been checked), but I don't think that's possible.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. devburke thread starter Guest

Nah, I don't want it bad enough to install a separate app for it, much less one I have to pay for. It's really not a big deal to me personally.

4. brendon2020 macrumors 6502

all the features you're asking for 1password can do including syncing and they have an iphone app. Well worth the $39