Safari autofills random websites I've visited

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
When you type in the Safari addressbar, it'll provide suggestions based on what you type.

However my Safari retains some of these even after I clear history/empty cache/delete cookies.

For example, if I type "F,"

I get this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

... even after doing all of the above and doing everything I can to try to get rid of it.

It's completely random. It doesn't do it with all sites, just a few. It's endlessly annoying for me because I'm a bit OCD and I like to have a clean slate on Safari once in a while, but nothing seems to be working. How do I get rid of that mumbo jumbo? :mad:

But I don't want to reset Safari, because I don't like removing passwords, etc.

Thanks!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Do have that forum bookmarked? That should be the only place it can pull auto-complete suggestions from for the address bar if you've freshly deleted your history.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Hmm, nope. I have MacRumors.com bookmarked through. I have nothing from the forums bookmarked, but a lot of the forums links still come up...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You could try the Safari -> Reset Safari menu choice if you're really serious about getting a fresh start. Read the caution message it displays to make sure that's what you want.