Safari automatic download/ ichat question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by marisa29, Jan 19, 2009.

1. marisa29 macrumors newbie

Hi Thanx in Advance

I have Macbook with MAC OS X and i'm currently using safari as my default web browser . THe one thing i can't figure out is how to turn off automatic downloads. Any time i click on a file it downloads it. I just want to view it most of the time. I searched and couldn't find an answer. Also if there is no way to stop it any recommendations on a new web browser thanx a bunch. Also had a another question ichat opens automatically when I start my computer . HOw do i stop this (also is it normal for the green light to be on when you start the computer (this happens randomly )

2. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i recommend you get firefox. as for the auto download, you can't view something unless you download it. if you want to preview a pdf file or something, that's different.

for ichat go to preferences, and it should be there.

and what green light?

3. marisa29 thread starter macrumors newbie

The green light next to the Camera. Thanx for any help.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The green light next to your camera means that the camera is active. No, that's not normal. It could be iChat that's doing this. You can prevent it from opening at login by removing its entry from System Preferences -> Accounts -> (your account) -> Login Items.