Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borukuforta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,

I have this weird problem where I can completely reset safari and remove all history and such, but for some reason I go to google.com and I am logged into a gmail account that I never use. The weird thing is this happened after I upgraded my hard drive, but I don't recall ever even logging into this account since I did. :confused: I looked in safari preferences under auto fill and the user names and passwords tab isn't even checked. I'm not too privy on keychain usage but I don't see anything in there either. Any ideas why google is automatically logging me into an account I never use? Thanks ahead for your help!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Open Keychain Access and search for any and delete keys related to gmail or google. Also, check the Auto Fill > User names and passwords and the Other forms then click Edit and remove any related items from the list, if there are any. Then clear Safari's cache and cookies. Go to Safari > Preferences > Security > Show Cookies and make sure they're deleted. Then try again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.