Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pk314

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2014
Hi all,

I have a late 2013 rMBP with the latest version of Mavericks. I know that Safari is probably the best and most optimized to use on a Mac compared to any other browser in terms of battery life and usability, but I recently have been testing out Firefox and the backwards and forwards scrolling with the "Two-finger" swipe gesture is much more smoother on Firefox. When I do this on Safari, the page freezes to load for a few seconds whereas on Firefox it is almost instantaneous. Is this something only I'm experiencing? Also, on YouTube for example, when I first go to it, the main home page of YouTube takes much longer to load and it stutters for a few seconds while Firefox opens it almost instantaneously.

Thanks!

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi all,

I have a late 2013 rMBP with the latest version of Mavericks. I know that Safari is probably the best and most optimized to use on a Mac compared to any other browser in terms of battery life and usability, but I recently have been testing out Firefox and the backwards and forwards scrolling with the "Two-finger" swipe gesture is much more smoother on Firefox. When I do this on Safari, the page freezes to load for a few seconds whereas on Firefox it is almost instantaneous. Is this something only I'm experiencing? Also, on YouTube for example, when I first go to it, the main home page of YouTube takes much longer to load and it stutters for a few seconds while Firefox opens it almost instantaneously.

Thanks!

This is why I use Firefox myself.

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
Firefox is faster for most things vs Safari.

All browsers are pretty equal for basic loading of text like this forum, but pure speed wise I prefer Chrome/Firefox. However Chrome has other problems with heat and battery drain. Which is why I use Firefox as my daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.