Safari beta 3 and Flip4Mac issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dirtyhand, Sep 9, 2007.

1. dirtyhand macrumors newbie

If I have Flip4Mac playing a video in Safari beta 3 and then open a new tab, switching between these tabs will make the video reload. Anyone also getting this problem?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24663.html

Go there and after the commercial open up a new tab while the main video is playing, switch back and forth and you will see what Im taking about.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First off, you have a choice of formats: Flash, WMV, and QuickTime. The trailers default to Flash for me. I can verify that indeed the video in WMV format reloads when you switch tabs. However, it does not reload when you switch tabs in Flash or QuickTime format.

3. dirtyhand thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yes I know this... but since this is a bug, maybe any solutions out there?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Is it really so important for you to watch in WMV when neither QuickTime nor Flash has the problem? If it's that important, don't click to a different tab. Report the problem to the site's webmaster and to Flip4Mac. Let them work it out. Or, you can continue to bitch and moan about something that no one here has any control over :rolleyes:

5. Nall macrumors regular

I have noticed something similar, too, on other websites.

(And sadly some sites don't offer QuickTime or Flash as an option.)