Safari beta and Messenger problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pressure, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Hey, my friend and I have been having issues with Messenger for Mac ever since we installed the Safari 3 beta.

The short story is that Messenger crashes like crazy, especially when closing a chat window.

Anyone experiencing the same?

2. DinnyHoon macrumors member

The Safari beta causes this to happen with MSN Messenger. I suggest you either start using Adium, or roll back to Safari 2.

3. Dmoney615 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with MSN messenger & with some websites just cause Safari 3 to crash... how do i get back to using the most recent version of Safari 2? Safari 3 isn't that much different anyway

Nevermind... i figured it out. Just use the disc image for Safari 3 & use the uninstall package...it'll take off Safari 3 & put 2 back on.

4. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Me too, Safari 3 crashing constantly Messenger.... back to Safari 2 in the meantime (just grab your Tiger install disc to get Safari 2) Pity would have preferred no 'one last thing' at WWDC rather than a buggy Safari for which am sure those Winblow fellows are gonna have a field day.

- Dal

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

6. Pressure thread starter macrumors 68040

Pressure

There is an uninstaller included in the .dmg file.

I uninstalled Safari 3 beta and now all the problems went away.

7. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Whilst I'm back to using Safari 2, I still have messenger crashing every 2 minutes :mad: I dragged Safari 3 out of my apps rather than using any uninstaller and then installed back Safari 2 from my Tiger install discs. Any ideas ? I guess some .plst file may still be hanging around and causing compatibility problems...?!?

- Dal

8. total-freedom macrumors newbie

Download the app again, go straight to uninstall, and it's done. When I did that, my yahoo, msn, and skype messenging suddenly worked again. So much for beta 3. :rolleyes:

9. hopejr macrumors 6502

Dragging the app out does no good as the installer updates webkit too (hence the reboot). You need to install it to roll webkit back.