Safari/black screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpossoff, Jun 12, 2010.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi has anyone had any issues when on safari the screen turns black? And not able to get out of it unless you reboot device? This has happened to me a couple times in the last week or so.

And another issue; sometimes when I'm on an app and close out, my device ticks and won't stop ticking, makes ticking sound.

Marc

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I have had this happen to me in both safari and mail. It is very annoying and scary. I say scary because one time when I went to enter the iPod function, the icon came up stating that it will take a few minutes to load (previously purchased a song on my phone). It took forever and when I exited and went back in, all of my music was gone! I have many problems with the iPod though. :(

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

4. Mac.Tank macrumors newbie

Safari Black Screen

I've had this problem several times on my MacBook Pro 13". There is a way to get out of it. You simply need to use expose. Then go to your dock, right click on Safari and select "hide". This doesn't fix the problem, however, and you'll need to Force Quit Safari.

Not sure why it happens... but until someone figures out how to fix the problem... at least this solution will allow you to get out of the black screen with rebooting your machine.