Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tamagotchi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
I just discovered Safari turns black when I turn on private mode, and I love it! It is much nicer than the hideous white. The whole OS should have a black UI option.

Some screens:

C7o1b2N.png

nUJ8Xjg.png

GZR0gQg.png

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Not on a White iPhone! :D
? really? this is new. From what I understand, going to private mode with iOS 7 turns safari dark grey. Ok, but, I have a black/slate iPhone 5, so, maybe I am off, but, this would be the first I've heard of this and I started with the iOS 7 betas in July.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
? really? this is new. From what I understand, going to private mode with iOS 7 turns safari dark grey. Ok, but, I have a black/slate iPhone 5, so, maybe I am off, but, this would be the first I've heard of this and I started with the iOS 7 betas in July.

He's being sarcastic.

--

This feature is nothing new and can even be found in iOS 6.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

Sorry, forgot the mandatory /s

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Hopefully the darken colours option in accessibility settings in ios 7.1 beta will change everything from white to black. At the minute it doesn't really do anything.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hopefully the darken colours option in accessibility settings in ios 7.1 beta will change everything from white to black. At the minute it doesn't really do anything.
It changes the default colors of controls in apps to be darker but that's it (for now at least).

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
The dark grey UI during Private Browsing has been aboard since at least iOS 5 (I have it on my first-generation iPad), it isn't a new feature of iOS 7.

Not on a White iPhone! :D

This isn't true at all - though the use if a smiley would suggest you weren't serious in the first place. Anyway, I have a white iPhone 5 and it works the same.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
The dark grey UI during Private Browsing has been aboard since at least iOS 5 (I have it on my first-generation iPad), it isn't a new feature of iOS 7.

This isn't true at all - though the use if a smiley would suggest you weren't serious in the first place. Anyway, I have a white iPhone 5 and it works the same.

I meant a dark theme would not look right on a White iPhone. Safari still goes dark if I'm in private mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.