Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I've been seeing this issue in the last few days, and am wondering if it might be a bug introduced either in the recent Safari 8.0.7 update, or in 10.10.4. Anyone else seeing this?

Basically, you hit "back", often after a Google search, and get a blank page. You have to reload to get the page you were on.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I've been seeing this issue in the last few days, and am wondering if it might be a bug introduced either in the recent Safari 8.0.7 update, or in 10.10.4. Anyone else seeing this?

Basically, you hit "back", often after a Google search, and get a blank page. You have to reload to get the page you were on.
No problems here, did a clean install of 10.10.3 and updated to 10.10.4

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Yep! Been noticing this a lot to especially with Google. I actually can't think of any other website it happens to except after a Google search. I'll need to refresh the site.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Same issue with me. I assuming it might be some setting, but haven't bothered to track it down.

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
I'm having the same issue. Only on google searches.
Sometimes I click re-fresh and it reloads the page, sometimes it doesn't and I have to redo the search.

Reactions: !!!

samcomet

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
Sydney, Australia
I've got the same issue - I'm trying now, with the aid of the "Develop" menu, to "Empty Caches" & "Disable Caches" to see if this helps. I don't know why it might, but I figure it won't hurt to try .......

tuesdaythefifth

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2015
Same problem here. It happens only when going back to a Google search. Blank page and have to reload to see the search results again. Tried removing the cache file on disk, turning off add-ons. No luck yet. Anyone report this to Apple?

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
Good news, I haven't seen this behavior since I installed the El Capitan public beta. Looks like there is hope for a fix, even though it is out a couple of month...

samcomet

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Actually, I saw this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/safari-reloading-pages-when-sliding-back.1803467/ shown as a similar thread to this. I tried deactivating adblock and it seems to fix things. So I then left it activated, and it seems to be fine now after some very limited testing.

I've also de-activated AdBlock and the "blanck page" issue seems to be gone. Haven't tried to re-activate it though. Just happy so far that this work around works.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Safari has never worked properly for me ... in any version ... ever ... when trying to go back a page.

RT81

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2013
This issue has been killing me. I just used the "don't run on this domain" feature and pointed that to www.google.com. The issue seems to be resolved.

EDIT: Or not. Had to completely uninstall it. Oh well.

Isaac Azimuth

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2015
I too have this issue. Seems related to 8.0.7 update. Downloaded recent Webkit and get same issue. I'm not a Apple Developer but I've submitted freedback to Apple.

UPDATED: Tested using the latest Webkit Nightly Build and lo and behold, its now working for me.. So hopefully we will see this resolved in the next Safari update.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChocolatePie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.