Safari Blocking Attachment in Outlook Web Access

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aaronoto, Mar 24, 2010.

1. aaronoto macrumors newbie

Is there any way to stop this? It'll give a warning message on all attachments but on certain attachments it downright blocks them all together and doesn't even give me the option of bypassing the message to open the attachment. Is there a setting I can change in the preferences? I looked at the security tab and nothing popped out as being the right one.

BTW, I know the attachment is safe...

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you sure that it's Safari blocking it and not OWA itself? I've found Outlook on Windows to be terrible like that but I don't know whether OWA is as bad.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's OWA doing the blocking, not Safari. You're right, both Outlook and OWA are notorious for that.

4. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

First off can you view the email that has the attachements?

Secondly on a windows partition or vm or straigtup windows machine using the same OWA link; can you view the attachments or at least download them? Can you find out which Exchange server is enabled and if ActiveSync with certificates is used? - you'll need to ask IT enterprise messaging these last few questions. Now how about enabling the site url or straight up turning off pop-ups in safari and relogon to that OWA link?

I just logged into my works OWA on my new Mac Mini via Snow Leopard all updates and absolutely NO software and yet I can SEE emails in attachments (Exchange 2003 OWA with no ActiveSync enabled) and when I click the attachment link I get a mini drop down to Save As or download, open is greyed out.