Safari & bluetooth questions....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by martinchivers, Nov 11, 2011.

1. martinchivers macrumors regular

A few more questions!

Is it possible to enlarge or Zoom a web page to the full width of my iMac in safari.

I was unable to pair my iPhone to the iMac bluetooth on mac, any ideas? I went to the Bluetooth part of settings & tried to add it. The mac came up with a password (number) but that was not displayed on the iPhone. The second time, the mac, did not discover the phone at all. If/when, I get the 2 working, what exactly will I be able to do? Could I send text from the computer (i.e. type on mac & send via the iPhone?)

I am still running the old operating system on the iMac. I actually bought it only a bout 2 months before Lion was lunched, therefore should be able to update it free of charge. Is that the case? If so, is there a link available to go to the relevant page?

I am also on an old version of the operating system on the iPhone. How do I update operating system on the iPhone.

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

To use safari fullscreen I Recommend getting lion, http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

As for the bluetooth thats weird. Why are you trying to pair it?

3. simsaladimbamba

You can enlarge the Safari window either via the green maximise button on the top left of the Safari window, or you can drag it to the correct size via the bottom right corner handle. Then use CMD++ to enlarge the website's contents.

That I don't know, but maybe Advanced Search can help?
    [​IMG]

You were only eligible to update to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion for free, if you bought the Mac 30 days before the release of Lion.
    Lion Up-To-Date

Connect the iPhone via the white USB cable to your Mac and then run iTunes and select to update the iPhone.
    Simpler instructions can be found here, but they just look like this:
    [​IMG]

4. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

thanks......!

thanks for that guys.

I bought my iMac on 16th June! So I will not get a free upgrade! Thats a neucence!

I will plug my iPhone in later & have a go at the update.

5. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Good Luck!

6. EricT43 macrumors regular

Lion is only $29, so even if you didn't get the free offer, it's a pretty good deal.

7. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

you are right

yes, you are right! Money, is very, very TIGHT however!

I was also told in the shop, that I would get it free of charge.