Safari bookmark indicator

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sh0vel, Aug 29, 2010.

1. sh0vel macrumors member

sh0vel

Is there way I can see which pages I've already bookmarked in Safari? Chrome and Firefox have stars. Is there and extension or app I can install to get this functionality in Safari?

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Both of these will show the Bookmarks:

Attached Files:

3. sh0vel thread starter macrumors member

sh0vel

Thanks John Doe 57 for the response but that is not exactly what I am looking for. Is there a way to know which pages you have already bookmarked without using the "Show all Bookmarks" button? It would be good to know so that you don't have to go searching through all your bookmarks or bookmark pages you have bookmarked.

4. LPZ macrumors 65816

So you'd like to see a symbol displayed if the currently loaded page has already been bookmarked? Like Firefox's solid blue star?

5. sh0vel thread starter macrumors member

sh0vel

6. ripple56, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

ripple56 macrumors newbie

Safari Bookmark Indicator??

Has anyone found an answer to this question? I find it very useful in Chrome to have the gold start that indicates the current URL has already been bookmarked and it's location in my bookmarks. I don't have the time to write an extension that implements this feature myself but this must be an issue for other Safari users too... there's gotta be one out there no? Right now it's the only feature that's keeping me from making the switch from Chrome to Safari on my Macbook Air w/ Lion

7. ownamac macrumors regular

Safari bookmark indicator

Yes, something like the Firefox feature of a blue star glyph indicating a site has already been bookmarked. I searched extensions and didn't see that feature mentioned. Maybe it exists and I just haven't found it yet. Perhaps time to roll my own extension.

8. sh0vel thread starter macrumors member

sh0vel

If you do roll out your own be sure to let us know. I still can't understand why this functionality isn't offered in safari.