Safari Bookmark Menu Folders Impossible to Edit!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pelzdispenser, Jul 3, 2010.

1. pelzdispenser macrumors newbie

I've searched around and can't find a problem similar to this one so I hope you guys can help me!

When I click on the bookmark icon in Safari it does not show all the bookmark folders I have in my bookmarks drop down menu.

This is what is in my drop down menu:
    [​IMG]

And this is what is I see when I click the bookmarks icon on the top left bar.
    [​IMG]

I've tried dragging and dropping the folders but that does nothing, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Safari (it just came back with all my bookmarks in exactly the same place), then I tried restoring Safari to factory settings but that did nothing either.

I can add bookmarks to all bookmark folders and create new folders but I can't edit, sort, or look through them at all and I'm going mental trying!

2. jandrade macrumors newbie

ME too

There has to be a simple explanation for this issue.. somebody help!

3. sccrrich macrumors newbie

Bookmarks Menu

Just click and drag the three small lines at the bottom of your window up and you should see the list.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. pelzdispenser thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, it just brings up the bookmarks but not the folders within the bookmarks drop down menu.

5. pelzdispenser thread starter macrumors newbie

6. DinoToon macrumors newbie

Bookmark folder missing from Menu

You need to create your folders in the Bookmarks Menu section of Collections when viewing all Bookmarks. This way they will be directly accessible from the Bookmarks menu at the top of the page.

You can drag your bookmarks into these new folders, so don't need to set them all up again.