Safari bookmark search is non-persistent in Yosemite.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by theorist9, Jun 21, 2015.

1. theorist9, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015

theorist9 macrumors newbie

I have a lot of Safari bookmarks (2800), and I search these often.

Let's suppose I wish to look through all bookmarks with the word "Mammoth" in them, to find something I might have saved about skiing at Mammoth. In both Snow Leopard and Yosemite, these steps are identical:

In Safari, I hit cmd-opt-B to get a list of all bookmarks. Then I hit cmd-F to access the search field, enter "Mammoth", look through the resulting list, and click on the one I think is most promising. If that one correct, and I don't need to look at any others, I'm done.

However, frequently my first guess won't be right -- or in other instances, there will be more than one link I want to peruse -- so I'll hit "back" in the browser to return to my search results. In Snow Leopard, they would all be there, allowing me to select another and open it; I can keep going back and forth as long as I like. However, in Yosemite, when I hit the back button, they're all gone, forcing me to redo the search repeatedly!

I've confirmed with Apple Support that this behavior is general. Anyone know a way to make the search results not disappear?

Thanks!

2. theorist9 thread starter macrumors newbie