Safari bookmarks bar has lighter grey color

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by derek420, Dec 14, 2010.

1. derek420, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010

derek420 macrumors member

Ok, so I posted this over on the Apple support forums, and although one guy was helpful I didn't get my problem solved.

So basically, as the thread title suggests, this is how my bookmarks bar looks:
    [​IMG]

As you see, where my bookmarks are, it's light grey. This may seem trivial, but it's bugging the ***** out of me lol. It happened recently [~week or two] ago when I was on Leopard. When I upgraded to SL, I hoped the issue would resolve itself, but it carried over. I also tried reinstalling Safari to see if that would work, but it didn't.

Also, I logged into my Guest account to see if it happened there too, but nope. Its only my account, so it's something user specific..I just have no idea what.

Any ideas?? I'm stumped.

2. dws90 macrumors regular

This is complete speculation, but your screenshot indicates that you're using an application to customize your close/min/max buttons in the upper left corner. It is possible that is responsible, so try disabling whatever app you're using to do that and see if that helps.

3. derek420 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I already checked that..Though I knew it couldn't be it because the problem was happening while I was on Leopard [the theme is only for the traffic lights, which are SL only] Thanks though, if only it were as easy a fix as removing the theme :/ lol

4. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling safari? that usually fixes things.

5. derek420 thread starter macrumors member

Tried that already, didn't fix it. There has to be something in a cache or a .plist or something..Idk. It's something user-specific so that's all I can think of.