Safari bookmarks gone

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cache, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Cache, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017

Cache macrumors regular

I've had the following issue for a while now and haven't been able to fix it myself, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for help here. The problem I'm having is that all my bookmarks are simply gone from the new tab screen in Safari on my ipad; they are nowhere to be found.

The bookmarks are synced to iCloud and my two macbooks and two iphones show no signs of this issue. The strange thing is if I create a new bookmark on my iPad, say a new google.com bookmark, it will sync to iCloud and will result in having two google.com bookmarks on the new tab screen on my macbooks and iphones. Deleting it from any of those devices results in it being gone on my ipad too, which it should.

So my question is: How can I get all my synced bookmarks to show up on my ipad again?

Edit: I forgot to mention that restarting does not work and that the default bookmarks are gone too.

2. dlep30 macrumors newbie

Having similar issue. Bookmarks on iPad "disappear" then reappear when I use a different device. Drives me crazy. Worried I am going to lose them completely.