Resolved Safari bookmarks not syncing to all devices?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ArtOfWarfare, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ArtOfWarfare, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Okay, I have four devices, all of them with iCloud set up to sync bookmarks:
    1.) An original Al (late 2007) iMac, running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2
    2.) An original (early 2008) MacBook Air, also running 10.7.2
    3.) An iPhone 3GS (mid 2009), running iOS 5.0
    4.) An iPhone 4S (mid/late 2011), running iOS 5.0.1

My iMac and two iPhones can all successfully sync bookmarks to/from iCloud. When I change my bookmarks on one of them, they change on all of them.

My MacBook Air, however, never syncs with the other three. When I change bookmarks on it, my bookmarks don't update on my other devices. When I change my bookmarks on my other devices, they don't update on my MacBook Air. I've turned my MacBook Air's bookmark syncing off and back on, and I've restarted it, but neither fixed the issue.

The MacBook Air has Safari 5.1.1... my iMac, I won't be able to access it to check which version of Safari it has again until Monday.

2. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

When attempting to resolve a different, programming related issue, I had to restart my MacBook Air. When it came back up I noticed something different... it took me a moment to realize it, but, aha!, my bookmarks had synced with iCloud.

So, I haven't repeatedly tested this, but it seems that bookmarks will sync when the computer is restarted.

Alternatively, it might have had something to do with the fact I plugged in my MacBook Air just before it restarted. Maybe it'll only sync while it's plugged in? IDK, but in any event, my bookmarks are, for the moment, synced :)

Anyone with more insight may feel free to post, but I'm marking this thread as resolved (that's an option in these forums, right?)