safari bookmarks not syncing with icloud/iphone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pepperandice, Apr 27, 2012.

1. pepperandice macrumors newbie

Why does syncing safari with bookmarks for the iphone not work? turned on the bookmarks in icloud on the phone and the macbook pro i use, does not work, turned it off on both, rebooted the iphone, waited for a few minutes before turning it back on even, turned on the bookmarks on both computer and iphone, does not work...

what happens is either no bookmarks update on my iphone for 10 minutes that i wait for it while the twirly thing goes on at the top which i assume means its trying to sync or a load of bookmarks come on that are an old version of bookmarks i had when i first setup my phone two weeks ago,iv changed my bookmarks ALOT since then so its obvious its the old version, this happens even though iv already updated the ones on safari even though idont use it as my main browser

this is one of the most common 'solutions' iv found from googling but its one that seems to work for some and doesnt for plenty more so clearly im not the only one with the problem

i mainly use firefox so i just exported the bookmarks from there, imported into safari and tried to get it to sync, does not work, pulled the bookmarks (this in itself is a really mysterious issue on safari which i dont use so i dont know whats going on where when i import bookmarks it goes under, UNDER im saying, with a header that says Bookmarks with the same font and color as the word Collections, NOT IN, the six 'Collections' but then miraculously cannot be found anywhere on safari when the page for all bookmarks is closed, only when pulling all the bookmarks into Bookmarks Menu and Bookmarks Toolbar in Collections does anything turn up, like whaaa??? also some strangehauntedhouse thing going with me trying to shift a certain folder and then it first resists moving properly and then when i finally ease it into where i want it, it refuses to go there, refuses again, and again, and then one more attempt later it disappears, literally vanishes from the spot i was trying to move it to, like it was so pissed to move it decided to run away from me -.-)

that aside with weird safaribookmarkness, using that method i actually managed to get the bookmarks onto my iphone safari,its weird and messy withsome folders on the outside instead of under the menu and bar folders, but thats something i can deal with since they all seem to be there, but then i click on it and lo and behold, safari says it cannot read the url,suffice to say i am boiling at this point

after several attempts to repeat this process because its the closest iv gotten to getting it to work, i.gave.up. because every single time some new weirdness came up, with the bookmarks still not working either way

please. help. what is this.

p.s. if I'm beating a dead horse I'm more than happy to just a click a link to a thread where everyone seems to have been satisfied with some solution, so feel free to redirect me thanks :)

2. mgraczyk macrumors newbie

Try iCrumz, the free cloud-based personal bookmarking site

My company just launched http://iCrumz.com, and I believe it is exactly what you're looking for. It's a free cloud-based Internet bookmarking service. With iCrumz.com all your bookmarks are always available using any browser from any computer, mobile phone or tablet. The iCrumz interface allows you to have 100 or more bookmarks on a single webpage without being cluttered. iCrumz also offers an import function, so you can import and consolidate all your bookmarks from all your browsers on all your devices. Check out our intro video: http://youtu.be/QDD23whIlrw Contact me if you have any questions. Also, we'd love to hear your feedback. Matthew[at]iCrumz[dot]com.